UK visa regulations are constantly changing, and I’m hardly a specialist; however the below may be of interest to students (or others) who are interested in staying in the UK after their studies–it is the first part of my own personal story as I navigated the UK work visa system over the last several years. In a second instalment to come in the near future I will discuss in more detail the process of getting my current visa, the ‘Exceptionally Talented Migrant’ visa.
This came about as a colleague and friend, Darya Paun, recently interviewed me for the blog on her UK Career Coaching website (a link to the full post is below). I answered the questions:
1. What main obstacles did you have to go through in order to secure a work permit in the UK?
2. How did you overcome these obstacles?
3. Did you ever consider giving up and simply returning to the US?
4. What advice would you give to international students wanting to stay in the UK after their studies and work?
5. I know you are currently writing an academic piece on immigration- in a nutshell, what is it about?
Read the full post on her website here.